Air fryer wings are incredibly crispy, tender, and succulent without any extra oil. No frying, no mess, and no guilt. They’re keto and gluten-free and are a delicious appetizer regardless of your diet.
You’ll love these wings if you love classic Buffalo wings. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce like blue cheese or ranch dressing. Feel free to mix it up and make your own sauce like a honey barbecue or a Thai sweet chili. Although we’ve included the traditional Buffalo sauce, these wings are amazing on their own and no sauce is really needed. The cayenne gives them a nice kick while the other spices provide great flavor.
We cook these wings twice for optimum crispiness. The first round is to cook the inside of the wings and to render off most of the fat from the skin. It makes the meat super juicy and allows them to hold all of their moisture. The second round is at a higher temperature and is what adds crispiness to the skin. Even with two rounds in the air fryer, these wings still only takes about 35 minutes to cook. You can keep them warm in the oven and they’re also delicious reheated in the air fryer. Everything You Need to Know About Chicken Wings
- For the Wings:
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- For the Buffalo Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup hot sauce
- Garnish: Chopped fresh chives
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Pat the wings dry with paper towels.
- Spread them out in a single layer and sprinkle with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Place all of the wings in the air fryer and set for 380 F. Cook for 25 minutes. Pause the air fryer and toss the wings every five minutes.
- Turn the heat up on the air fryer to 400 F and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes until crispy and browned. You can cook the wings in a single layer in two batches for even more crispiness.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in the microwave for one minute or until melted. Whisk in the garlic powder and hot sauce until completely combined. Place it back in the microwave for one to two minutes to heat thoroughly. Make sure the sauce is at least warm before you toss it with the wings.
- Add the wings to a large bowl. Drizzle the sauce over the top and toss to coat. Serve the wings immediately topped with chopped chives and alongside your favorite dipping sauce.
- Make sure to fry the wings at the two different temperatures. This makes them nice and crispy.
- Don’t toss the wings with the sauce until right before you are ready to serve.
- Total:37 mins
- Prep:5 mins
- Cook:32 mins
- Yield:Serves 8