News World

FIA finds Meesha ‘guilty’ of vilification drive against Ali Zafar

FIA finds Meesha 'guilty'

LAHORE: The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has proclaimed artist Meesha Shafi and eight others “liable” of running an attack crusade via web-based media against vocalist entertainer Ali Zafar and asked the preliminary court to begin its procedures against them.

The FIA’s cybercrime Lahore wing on Tuesday presented a between time challan under the steady gaze of the court of a unique adjudicator focal in the FIR enlisted on the objection documented by Mr Zafar.

Then challan, the FIA stated: “Throughout examination so far Meera Shafi assumed name Meesha Shafi, Iffat Omar, Maham Javaid, Leena Ghani, Haseemus Zaman, Fariha Ayub, Syed Faizan Raza, Humna Raza and Ali Gul Pir have been seen as liable for this situation according to accessible oral and narrative confirmations. In any case, the complainant recorded his explanation for Hamna Raza to the degree of tolerating her conciliatory sentiment, in this way she isn’t needed in the examination besides.”

The FIA said Ms Shafi posted disparaging and bogus charges of inappropriate behavior against Ali Zafar in April 19, 2018 yet she neglected to deliver any observers before it for her claims. Different suspects likewise neglected to give proof for the immediate charges posted by them via online media. Resultantly, a FIR was enlisted on the court’s organization in September last against them under area 20 (1) of Prevention of Electronic Crimes Act 2016 and R/W 109-PPC.

In November 2018, Ali Zafar had documented a protest with the FIA digital wrongdoing wing, asserting that numerous web-based media accounts were posting “dangers and slanderous material” against him. He gave subtleties of some Twitter and Facebook records to help his case.

Mr Zafar, in his grievance, had appended the photos Ms Shafi had transferred on her web-based media accounts however ‘discretely erased not long prior to making the claim’. He had likewise presented a ‘danger message’ shipped off his chief on Instagram in Feb 2018.

“A twitter account @nehasaigol1, which posted 3,000 abusive tweets against me and my family just in one year, [was] made 50 days before Meesha’s charges of inappropriate behavior,” the vocalist entertainer told the FIA with narrative ‘proof’.

The FIA said Ms Shafi had showed up before the FIA digital wrongdoing wing with her group of legal advisors in December 2019, however she neglected to create any observer for her claims (of lewd behavior) against Mr Zafar.

Zafar’s criticism suit against Ms Shafi is additionally forthcoming in a meetings’ court.