This tasty garden pasta salad is loaded with fresh chopped vegetables. The lemony pesto and mayonnaise dressing flavors the salad perfectly. I used rotini in the salad, but feel free to use farfalle, fusilli, or another similar pasta.
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 1/2 medium cucumber (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup tomato (diced, seeded)
- 1 (2 1/2-ounce) can sliced ripe olives (drained)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/4 cup celery (chopped)
- Optional: 2 tablespoons red onion (finely chopped)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Optional: 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Cook the rotini pasta in boiling salted water following package directions.
- Drain in a colander and rinse with cool water.
- Set the pasta aside to cool completely and then transfer it to a large serving bowl.
- Toss the cooled rotini pasta with the diced cucumber, tomato, sliced ripe olives, bell pepper, celery, and red onion (if using).
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pesto, lemon juice, freshly ground black pepper, salt, and parsley, if using.
- Combine with the pasta and stir gently until blended. Taste and add more salt as needed.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate until serving time.
- To make the salad hearty enough to be a main dish, add some diced cooked chicken, cheese cubes or shredded cheese, or cubed leftover ham, roast beef, or turkey.
- Prep:20 mins
- Cook:10 mins
- Yield:4 to 6 Servings
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|