This chocolate banana cake is a layer cake made extra moist and flavorful with mashed ripe bananas in the batter.
Frost this delicious chocolate banana cake with chocolate frosting or a cream cheese frosting.
- 1/2 cup butter (or margarine, softened)
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 squares/3 ounces unsweetened chocolate (melted)
- 2 cups/9 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (ripe)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Steps to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cream margarine and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beat thoroughly after each addition.
- Stir in the cooled melted chocolate.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to the batter alternately with the mashed bananas; stir in vanilla.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-inch layer cake pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cake tests done. A toothpick inserted into the center of the cake should come out clean.
- Frost with a fluffy white frosting or chocolate sour cream frosting.
- Total:55 mins
- Prep:15 mins
- Cook:40 mins
- Yield:12 to 16 servings
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|