This Is teaches you how to play Jeopardy! on an Alexa-enabled device such as the Echo or Echo Dot. If you hope to make it on the show yourself one day, putting yourself on-the-spot to answer questions within the short time limit isn’t a bad way to practice! Simply enable the Alexa skill and you can answer regularly updated Jeopardy! questions each weekday. There are also versions for Teen and Sports Jeopardy which are fun if you want more specialized topics.
- 1 Say, “Alexa, open Jeopardy!” This starts the Jeopardy skill on your Echo device.
- Say, “Alexa, open Teen Jeopardy!” or “Alexa, open Sports Jeopardy!” to access these versions of the game.
- 2 Do your best to answer the questions. After a brief intro, the skill will go right into asking you questions after telling you the category. Be sure to answer in the form of a question or your answer won’t be accepted!
- Here’s an example question, “The category is: Medical Words and Phrases. This word that starts with ‘C’ is a fancy word for a bruise.” You will now have about 10 seconds to answer. In this case the correct answer is, “What is ‘contusion’?” There’s no need to say “Alexa” before saying your answer.
- Say “I don’t know,” if you don’t know the answer. If you don’t say anything, the game will simply close without telling you the right answer.
- You can say, “Repeat the question” to hear the question again.
- 3 Get your results. After you’ve answered all 6 questions, the skill will tell you how well you did compared to every other player who answered this set. Compare your results with family and friends to see who did the best!
- 4 Play a previous day’s questions. If you haven’t been playing the Jeopardy! skill every day, you’ll have questions available from other days waiting for you to answer. Just wait until you’ve after you’ve heard your results and if there are more questions available it will ask if you’d like to answer them. Just say, “Yes” and the game will start up again. New questions are released every weekday.
- Members of Amazon Prime will get an additional 6 questions each day with Double Jeopardy! These additional 6 questions will be asked automatically after you have answered the first 6 for the day. If you’re not a Prime member you can pay $2 a month for the extra questions.
- For the Teen and Sports Jeopardy, there are 12 new free clues released every Friday. You can also buy monthly packs of 50 clues, $0.99 for Prime members and $1.99 if you don’t have a membership.
- 5 Resume a game you had to interrupt. If you had to close the skill before you were finished, don’t worry, you can easily come back to where you were. Simply open the skill again and you will be prompted to either restart the day’s questions or resume where you left off. Just say, “Restart,” or “Resume.”
- For example, if you wanted to continue to a previously unfinished game, you would say, “Alexa, play Jeopardy.” Then when prompted, say “Resume.”