Want to get rid of an app on BlueStacks? This can be done in two ways i.e. Using BlueStacks Settings or Using Advanced Settings and both of them are quite easy to perform. This article will guide you to uninstall apps on BlueStacks.
Method1Using BlueStacks Settings
- 1 Start BlueStacks. Open any app from the apps folder in the Library or using the icon to start BlueStacks.
- 2 Open BlueStacks Settings. Select All Apps from the top-right side of the screen to open the App Drawer. Select BlueStacks Settings (wrench icon) to open the settings menu.
- 3 Select Manage Applications to see the installed apps. The menu will display all the installed apps and allows you to:
- Choose App Size: App size can be re sized through this option. App size differ on the basis of tablet or default BlueStacks application. Select one of them to change the app size.
- Delete apps: Selecting this option will initiate the uninstalling procedure of the app.
- 4 Select the Delete option (trash icon) to uninstall the application. Select the trash icon on the row of the app you wish to uninstall.
- 5 Confirm your decision. A pop-up box will appear asking you to confirm your decision to uninstall the app. Select Continue to uninstall the app.
- 6 Wait till a horizontal red line appears striking the app name. As soon as the app is uninstalled, a red horizontal line appears on the name of the app indicating that the app has successfully uninstalled. Also, a pop-up balloon appears on the task bar informing that the app has been uninstalled.
Using Advanced Settings
- 1 Open BlueStacks Settings. Open the app drawer and select BlueStacks Settings (wrench icon) to open the settings menu.
- 2 Select Advanced Settings from the menu. Select Advanced Settings (wrench icon similar to that of BlueStacks Settings) from the bottom of the menu to open the Android settings.
- 3 Select Apps from the Advanced Settings menu. This option comes under the ‘Device’ subsection of the menu.
- 4 Select the app which you want to uninstall from the ‘Downloaded’ category. When you select ‘Apps’ from the menu, a window is opened which sorts the apps on the basis of downloaded apps, running apps and apps which are stored in the SD card. Swipe the screen to get into the ‘Downloaded’ category and select the app you wish to uninstall.
- 5 Select Uninstall to start the process. Uninstall button is on the top-right side of the screen below the name of the app.
- 6 Confirm your decision. As soon as you select the ‘Uninstall’ option, a dialog box will appear asking, “Do you want to uninstall this app?”. Select OK to uninstall the app.
Image Source:Wiki How