Enjoy this vegetarian pasta recipe you can serve hot for dinner or cold for a pasta salad. This is a quick and easy vegetarian pasta recipe full of healthy fiber and protein and suitable for vegetarian kids.
This recipe was created for BUSH’S Beans by Connie Guttersen, R.D., Ph.D., nutrition instructor at The Culinary Institute of America, mom, and author of “The Sonoma Diet.”
- 1 cup pasta (spiral shaped; cooked)
- 1 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup cucumber (cut in half lengthwise, then sliced into 1/4 inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup red pepper (roasted, chopped)
- 1 (6-ounce) jar artichoke hearts (marinated, drained and quartered)
- 2 tablespoon black olives (chopped)
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Steps to Make It
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, cucumbers, red peppers, artichokes, olives, and cooked pasta. Add beans and gently mix.
- Add lemon juice and olive oil. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. If time permits, let sit for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Total:15 mins
- Prep:15 mins
- Cook:0 mins
- Yield:3 to 4 servings