Stuffed chicken Parmesan is a gooey, saucy blast. This dish is similarly as simple as making customary chicken Parmesan, yet is by one way or another much increasingly debauched. You’ll cherish it on the off chance that you think additional cheddar is constantly a smart thought! Stuffing a chicken bosom may sound entangled, however the method is really something any home cook can handle and ace. Make a point to search for thick chicken bosoms—they’re a lot simpler to part and stuff.
Make this formula for a simple weeknight feast or in case you’re hosting a decent supper gathering. It glances delightful introduced in a skillet or over pasta. Serve it with a side plate of mixed greens and a little garlic bread for a generous, complete dinner.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups marinara sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella (sliced)
- Garnish: chopped parsley
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Split the chicken breasts with a chef’s knife. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Stuff the center with a 1/4 cup of the shredded mozzarella.
- Fold the top half of the chicken over the top of the mozzarella stuffing. If it is too full and the edges don’t seal, take a little of the mozzarella cheese out.
- Prepare your breading station. Toss some of the salt and pepper with the flour in a shallow bowl. Beat the eggs with a little salt and pepper in another shallow bowl. Toss the breadcrumbs with salt and pepper and Parmesan cheese in a third shallow bowl.
- Dip the stuffed chicken breast into the flour, then flip to coat both sides in the flour mixture.
- Dip the flour coated chicken into the egg mixture. Flip to coat both sides.
- Dip the egg coated chicken into the breadcrumbs and cover both sides thickly.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the chicken cutlets so that they fit snugly. but aren’t overlapping. If you need to do it in two pans, you can.Fry on both sides until golden brown. They do not have to be cooked through.
- Add the marinara sauce around the outside of the cutlets and a little on the top of each cutlet.
- Top the cutlets with a few slices of fresh mozzarella.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the center reads 165 F.
- Serve the hot chicken with chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese on top of pasta with extra marinara sauce if you wish.
- You can broil the chicken bosoms early and keep them in the refrigerator until you are prepared to top with sauce and heat. It will take increasingly like 30 minutes to heat since it will have been cold in the fridge.
- Total:50 mins
- Prep:20 mins
- Cook:30 mins
- Yield:4 chicken breasts (serves 4)